Based in Copenhagen, Denmark
May 5th 2016
Utopia 9 - A Volatile Vacation, is a rogue-like 3D twin-stick shooter set in a tragicomic future world. You are the most recent guest on Utopia 9, the best vacation planet the galaxy has to offer. Terraformed to give you the ultimate holiday. But when you arrive nothing is as promised: The environment is deadly, everything is buried in sand and the advertised bikini babes are nothing but mutated freaks! You must get off the planet so you can sue the travel agency.
The team at Whalegun are big fans of rogue-like games such as Nuclear Throne and Alien Shooter, and FTL! So, after many years of developing smart device apps, in the shadow of the PC gaming master race, the lure of great controls and unlimited graphic power became too much! Whalegun was founded in early 2015 by Mathias Severin and Rune Holm as a means to make the games they were truly passionate about. To maximize "awesome per second" preconceived notions of store integration, in-app purchases and pay walls was completely disregarded. All energy was instead channelled into the gaming experience, the juicy feedback and the colorful details. It took us 1½ years to fulfil or dream and Utopia 9 - A Volatile Vacation is now released on Steam!
- Procedurally generated levels with day/night cycle and various interiors to explore.
- Super challenging gameplay and permanent death!
- Vibrant visual and physics based feedback in a 3D environment.
- Lots of pistols, guns, launchers, grenades, armor, melee weapons and shields.
- Mutations that grant you otherworldly abilities while slowly turning you into a freak.
- Mutant enemies that loot your corpse, evolve, and remain as a persistent threat in the world.
Utopia 9 - A Volatile Vacation - Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
You can catch us on twitter!
Link to: twitter.com.
... or on facebook!
Link to: facebook.com.
Whalegun ApS is a small company based in Copenhagen developing computer games. Their first project is Utopia 9 - A Volatile Vacation.
More information on Whalegun, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Utopia 9 Credits
Idea, Game Design, Code
Idea, Game Design, Art
Rigging & Animation
Christian von Jessen